Friday 16 September 2011

The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake

A difficult one this!
I am on a mission to find the best vanilla cupcake, part of the problem being that it is such a personal thing. After trying the Primrose Bakery recipe a couple of years ago, it was all I used for a long time. 
About a year ago, I made the Hummingbird Bakery recipe and with the help of my friends we conducted a very non-scientific (and fattening) experiment as to which one we preferred. Again, the Primrose one came out on top. However, I am convinced that there is a better recipe out there somewhere just waiting to be found.
Although the taste and texture of the Primrose Bakery cupcake is delicious on day one, its crumbly texture means that it dries out incredibly quickly.  As it is not always practical or possible to make the cupcakes on the day they are going to be eaten, this can sometimes present a bit of a problem. (and a very early alarm call).
So, off I go on my mission into the world of the vanilla cupcake.
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment